There are many ways you can support us. A financial donation is always much appreciated and helps us to continue to host and manage the Disability Equipment Service website.
However, supporting us doesn’t have to mean giving us a monetary donation. You can help by just sharing what we do with your family, friends and colleagues. You can also link with us on Facebook and Twitter and share our work with your social media connections too.
Please see below for more details on how to support us.
We know, from experience, that lots of disability equipment ends up in landfill, in a garage or in the corner of a room and never gets used again. This is often due to not knowing how or where to dispose of such items. we are trying to ensure that all disability equipment is used all the time by people that need it. Our service enables people to be able to buy used equipment, allowing them to remain independent and not have to move in to residential care or require support at home.
We also know that there are times when you need to clear out a home due to the loss of a loved one or when the time has come for someone to move in to residential or nursing care and, as with many other things, you don’t have the time, space or frame of mind to have to deal with this equipment.
We are here to help and can often collect donated equipment promptly. The donated equipment is then cleaned and serviced before being sold with proceeds going towards the hosting and management of the service as well as giving 25% to our chosen assistance dog charity, currently Support Dogs, a charity that provide, train and support assistance dog partnerships for people with autism, epilepsy and physical disabilities.
If you have equipment, large or small, that you would like to donate to us, then please contact us and we’ll see whether we can help.
If you have sold your equipment via our service or just want to support what we’re doing, then you can send us a donation through PayPal Friends and Family (you’ll need a PayPal account to do this).
Just follow these steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account at PayPal.com
- Click ‘Send or Receive’
- Enter our email address in the ‘Name, Email Address or Mobile Number’ field – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click ‘Next’
- Enter the amount you would like to donate in the ‘£’ field
- Click on the ‘Paying for an Item or Service ’ button and, on the subsequent page, choose ‘Sending to a Friend or to Family’ button (choosing this option will mean that we don’t pay PayPal fees on your donation)
- Add a note (if you wish) and then click ‘Continue’
- On the next page, choose what account you would like to make the payment from, this usually defaults to your PayPal balance or you can select one of your linked bank accounts
- Click ‘Next’ to go to the summary page
- Confirm that all of the details are correct and, once you’re happy, click the ‘Send Money Now’ button to send the payment
If making a donation via PayPal isn’t for you and you would prefer to post us a cheque, then please send us a cheque, made payable to Mr D Smith, to:
Disability Equipment Service Mr D Smith 9 Shire Place Redhill Surrey RH1 6DN
Alternatively, please contact us to discuss other ways of making a donation to the service.
Disability Equipment Service
Support the Disability Equipment Service by donating your disability equipment.
The Disability Equipment Service is a website covering the UK which provides members of the public and organisations an opportunity to buy and sell new and used disability equipment.
To help cover the running costs of this service, we accept donated disability equipment* which we collect, clean, repair and then sell. We give 25% of the proceeds to our nominated charity with the remainder going towards the ongoing running costs of the service.
Due to our location, we normally only collect equipment from Surrey and the surrounding counties. However, if you have equipment that you would like to donate we still might be able to accept, or if we're unable to accept, support you with finding someone more locally to you.
* Due to our limited storage we may not be able to accept all items donated to us. In some cases we may request to sell the item in situ (if convenient) or provide you with an alternative organisation that may be able to accept your item.
Exciting group holidays for sighted and blind travellers.
Traveleyes have 14 years experience in exciting group holidays for sighed and visually impaired travellers. Traveleyes offer over 60 destinations a year to choose from including UK breaks, European city breaks and off the beaten track adventures, there is something for everyone. Traveleyes guarantee one to one guiding for all visually impaired travellers at no extra cost and include sensory experiences in everything they do. To find out more visit https://traveleyes-international.com/
ViTech solutions are a supplier of products and services for the visually impaired at competitive prices.
ViTech Solutions is a genuine, caring, family run business based in Lincolnshire in the UK that helps visually impaired individuals and organizations internationally with their technology. Some of the products and services we offer include:
• Computer/laptop repair and upgrades that can be done in your home or at our premises
• Recovery of lost photos or files from your memory stick, memory card or PC
• Windows, Android and iOS training/tech support via telephone, Skype, or in person from £15 per half an hour
• Advice on how to find and source products for your needs (such as braille displays, phones, tablets and other technology)
• Accessible mobile phones from £50
• Computers, laptops and tablets from £150 including home set up
• TVonics and Goodmans sourcing and repairs.
• Independently print address labels using our specially designed label printing program.
TGA Mobility is the UK's leading mobility scooter specialist with the finest and most comprehensive range available today
TGA is based in Sudbury, Suffolk and has been a respected designer, manufacturer and provider of mobility products for over 30 years with a specialty in scooters. TGA is renowned for its high quality, diverse range that includes the Breeze that is a national favourite, the revolutionary folding Minimo car boot scooter through to the funky cutting edge Vita and market-leading wheelchair Powerpack. As a family-run business with a proven manufacturing heritage, TGA is dedicated to quality, innovation and service with all of its products undergoing rigorous testing before delivery ensuring peace of mind and trouble free ownership.