There are many ways you can support us. A financial donation is always much appreciated and helps us to continue to host and manage the Disability Equipment Service website.
However, supporting us doesn’t have to mean giving us a monetary donation. You can help by just sharing what we do with your family, friends and colleagues. You can also link with us on Facebook and Twitter and share our work with your social media connections too.
Please see below for more details on how to support us.
We know, from experience, that lots of disability equipment ends up in landfill, in a garage or in the corner of a room and never gets used again. This is often due to not knowing how or where to dispose of such items. We are trying to ensure that all disability equipment is used all the time by people who need it. Our service enables people to be able to buy used equipment, allowing them to remain independent and not have to move in to residential care or require support at home.
We also know that there are times when you need to clear out a home due to the loss of a loved one or when the time has come for someone to move in to residential or nursing care and, as with many other things, you don’t have the time, space or frame of mind to have to deal with this equipment.
Our service relies on the generosity of people donating their equipment to us. We are based in Surrey and do our best to collect equipment from our local area. We are also really grateful if people are able to drop equipment off or have items delivered to us as this helps keep our running costs down and further benefits the charity we support, currently Support Dogs, a charity that provide, train and support assistance dog partnerships for people with autism, epilepsy and physical disabilities.
As much as we would like to collect everything, due to our limited storage and not having a van, we have to consider what we can realistically collect. Examples of the types of items that we can collect include folding mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs, manual wheelchairs, rollators, walking frames, etc; basically anything that will fit in to the back of a hatchback car.
If we’re unable to collect or accept your items, we have several contacts from within the disability field that may be able to help. For example, we work with a stairlift company in East London who remove and install used stairlifts and a company in the Midlands who buys and sells mobility scooters. In addition, we have friends and family dotted around who often take in items for us so if you’re unsure then just get in contact with us and we’ll do our best to help.
If you have sold your equipment via our service or just want to support what we’re doing, then you can send us a donation through PayPal Friends and Family (you’ll need a PayPal account to do this).
Just follow these steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account at PayPal.com
- Click ‘Send or Receive’
- Enter our email address in the ‘Name, Email Address or Mobile Number’ field – email@example.com
- Click ‘Next’
- Enter the amount you would like to donate in the ‘£’ field
- Click on the ‘Paying for an Item or Service ’ button and, on the subsequent page, choose ‘Sending to a Friend or to Family’ button (choosing this option will mean that we don’t pay PayPal fees on your donation)
- Add a note (if you wish) and then click ‘Continue’
- On the next page, choose what account you would like to make the payment from, this usually defaults to your PayPal balance or you can select one of your linked bank accounts
- Click ‘Next’ to go to the summary page
- Confirm that all of the details are correct and, once you’re happy, click the ‘Send Money Now’ button to send the payment
If making a donation via PayPal isn’t for you and you would prefer to either post us a cheque or donate to us via a bank transfer, then you can do so by:
Send us a Cheque
Please make cheques payable to:
Mr D Smith and Mrs V Rushworth
and send it to:
Disability Equipment Service C/o Mrs V Rushworth 34 Hazel Way Fetcham Leatherhead Surrey KT22 9QD
Please make a payment using the following bank details:
Bank: Barclays Bank plc Sort Code: 20-23-98 Account Number: 93455378
If you have any queries or questions, please contact us.
Training and Consultancy services specialising in Vision Impairment & Disability Awareness.
VIDA Training provides vision impairment and disability awareness training and consultancy across London and the South East. With over 25 years' combined experience of working in the disability field and living with vision loss, we offer a range of comprehensive training packages and consultancy services tailored to suit you and your organisation's needs. We also offer communication and team building sessions.
Exciting group holidays for sighted and blind travellers.
Traveleyes have 14 years experience in exciting group holidays for sighed and visually impaired travellers. Traveleyes offer over 60 destinations a year to choose from including UK breaks, European city breaks and off the beaten track adventures, there is something for everyone. Traveleyes guarantee one to one guiding for all visually impaired travellers at no extra cost and include sensory experiences in everything they do. To find out more visit https://traveleyes-international.com/
The U.K's Largest Used Mobility Scooter Shop
A huge range of nearly new mobility scooters at low prices delivered nationwide to your door
ViTech solutions are a supplier of products and services for the visually impaired at competitive prices.
ViTech Solutions is a genuine, caring, family run business based in Lincolnshire in the UK that helps visually impaired individuals and organizations internationally with their technology. Some of the products and services we offer include:
• Computer/laptop repair and upgrades that can be done in your home or at our premises
• Recovery of lost photos or files from your memory stick, memory card or PC
• Windows, Android and iOS training/tech support via telephone, Skype, or in person from £15 per half an hour
• Advice on how to find and source products for your needs (such as braille displays, phones, tablets and other technology)
• Accessible mobile phones from £50
• Computers, laptops and tablets from £150 including home set up
• TVonics and Goodmans sourcing and repairs.
• Independently print address labels using our specially designed label printing program.